<$BlogRSDURL$>

May 16, 2004

Progress (and lack thereof) 

The Read On is complete, and the Write On can finally begin.

I still need to re-read some of the materials, brief some cases, and formulate some semblance of an outline (both of the key materials and of my argument), but I consider such activities to be an aspect of the writing portion, as opposed to the voluminous preparatory reading I've been entrenched in since Friday.

Somewhere along the way, a few good arguments popped into my head, and I now think I have a pretty good idea of where I am going with my Comment. Of course, actually getting my thoughts onto paper, in a coherent form, is another matter entirely.

Wish I could say more, but the Honor Code gods are watching, poised to strike me down for any indiscretion. Per the rules, I'm not allowed to discuss the topic or the substance of the competition (and necessarily, my argument) with anyone. Not even the fiancee.

Perhaps when it's all over, I'll post more about the substance. But, probably not. By then, I figure the last thing I'll want to do is discuss the topic some more...

For now, however, my progress must cease: The Kings are poised to play what could be their final game of the season.