<$BlogRSDURL$>

February 01, 2004

About Dubitante 

-Contact: DubitanteJD [at] hotmail [dot] com

-Law School Bio: Rising 2L at Georgetown University Law Center, a fine institution of legal education.

-My Opinion of Law School: So far I'm pleased, both with the experience and my performance. No regrets (yet).

-Dubitante's Purpose: a place for me to comment about my law school experience, the world around me, and anything else I choose. A place for other law students, lawyers, or curious folk to get a glimpse into my life, law school's role in it, and offer their thoughts or comments.

-What does "Dubitante" mean?: Dubitante is a rarely used type of appellate opinion. Typically, it signifies a concurrence with severe reservations about the soundness of both the reasoning and the outcome. An extremely doubtful concurrence... See definition. For me, "Dubitante" sums up my view of the world: extremely cynical, but a good sport about it. I disagree with many things, but am usually willing to play along...

-My Political Leanings: Left, though compared to my classmates, increasingly right.

-Personal Bio: I'm 26. I grew up and did my undergrad in Northern CA. I plan to return to the left coast after graduation. I am engaged to a lovely young lady (who also posts occassionally to offer the S.O. perspective on the law school experience).

-Interests (things I used to like to do before I started law school and free time became scarce): read a good book, watch a good movie, listen to some good music, support the Sacramento Kings...

-1L Summer Job: Judicial Internship at DC District Court

-Plans for the Future (in no particular order): Get married. Graduate. Pass the bar. Clerk. Work in indentured servitude until the loans are paid. Be happy. Teach. Quit smoking. Get a dog. Have some kids. Be a good Dad. Be a good husband. Retire from the law. Open a bookstore. Be happy.

You can also check my first post if you're still interested...