<$BlogRSDURL$>

May 16, 2004

...and on and on... 

Up early on a Sunday to await the Comcast repairperson. My internet service has been sporadic at best of late and they have promised to "fix" it today. I'm not holding my breath. Comcast Internet has been one of the single most disappointing aspects of my move to the DC area.

Any Internet provider who gets taken completely offline by a Windows virus (Mydoom) that was announced on every single newscast across the country, and that Windows Update and/or Norton AntiVirus managed to prevent from attacking my computers, with absolutely no action on my part, needs more help than I can give. The problem is, I'm told the DSL options out here aren't much better. In sunny California, my hi-speed internet was never down. And the streets were paved with gold.

In other news, the Read On continues and I'm trying to take advantage of my early rising to finish up the rest of the packet (about 60 pages left). Then, I plan to reread and brief (very brief briefs) the cases I intend to focus on. Then, I will sift through the rest of the material again, rereading my margin notes and highlights and come up with some sort of "outline" for source materials so helpful quotes and supportive (or contradictory) citations will be at my fingertips. This source outline is critical for my style of writing, which tends to be: start writing, see what happens.

To close out the day, before settling down to a night of rewinding and pausing my TV just because I can (the Tivo arrived), I hope to construct a general outline for my paper. Of course, I will promptly abandon said outline when I start to write tomorrow, but it's still worthwhile to create one.