<$BlogRSDURL$>

April 09, 2004

A note about comments 

There seems to have been a breakdown somewhere along the line with some people's understanding of exactly what is or isn't appropriate in comments posted to this site. Most people get it and this post is not directed to you. But, for the few who don't, here's the deal.

What you can do
Add to the discussion. Disagree with me if you wish, offer an opposing argument, whatever you like, provided it is related to the post on which it is commenting and is written in appropriate language.

What you can't do:
Use inappropriate words to derogate me or anyone else. If you disagree with me, fine, tell me why, but don't simply call me some epithet rather than construct an argument against what I have said. General rule of them: if you wouldn't say it to your mother, don't post it here. Any posts containing foul words or derogatory language will be deleted.

This is my soapbox, not yours. If you can't handle these simple rules, Blogger is free, get yourself a blog and curse at will...