<$BlogRSDURL$>

March 02, 2004

Moment of Serenity 

This is my peace. Each morning, I awake to the incessant ramblings of a deejay at one of the universally bad DC area radio stations; I roll out of bed and stumble to my desk. Blurry-eyed, I turn on the computer.

I check the weather, read the headlines (and how unfortunate they are), check my mail, check the box office, download my bank transactions. This is my time. It may reak of OCD, but it is still mine. Stress-free for 15 minutes. Not thinking about class or the outlines yet to be done. Not worried about the Moot Court competition or making a journal or finding a job. Not doubting my abilities or worrying about my debt. These are my precious moments. My time to ground myself before the day, and the stress, and the worry, and the pressure start again.

But, I know it is fleeting. Alas, the incessant rumbling of the trains outside my window reminds me the moment is over. It is time to go. Back into the fray...