<$BlogRSDURL$>

March 06, 2004

Job?...check! 

Scratch one off the to-do list. Yours truly has received an offer for summer employment! Best of all, it is the position I wanted most.

And just in time, too. I was growing increasingly frustrated with my summer job search. I go to a good school, I have respectable grades, dogs and kids like me, and no one was giving me the time of day. Slowly, call backs began to trickle in and I landed three interviews in the last 10 days. I am fairly confident two of those will result in an offer. And if they don't, it no longer matters because the position I wanted most offered me the job on the spot yesterday. Needless to say, I was initially floored and then incredibly excited by the opportunity.

I will be spending my summer volunteering my time for a very reputable and astonishingly brilliant federal judge. This was the goal I set for myself at the beginning of the year and now I have achieved it!!! If all goes well, I will end the summer with a good writing sample and a heckuva letter of recommendation. I only hope my research and writing abilities will be up to the task...

Up next on the checklist:
1) Get selected as a Law Fellow for next year (4/19)
2) Maintain or improve my GPA when the 2nd Semester grades come in (6/15)
3) Make Law Review (8/1)