<$BlogRSDURL$>

March 04, 2004

Earned my wings 

Spring break begins today. I have two judicial internship interviews tomorrow and I am also supposed to receive the verdict of an interview I had last week. I have reached the midway point of my second semester in law school. I am sacrificing my entire spring break to read through a 186 page packet and write a brief for the Moot Court competition. One of my fish died today.

Above you will find an abridged version of the mental list of excuses I came up with to justify today's somewhat extravagant purchase. I bought myself a nice pair of wingtips. Why you ask? I was told it was a good idea and I believe everything I'm told.

Lawyers are a funny group of people. They cherish tradition. Suits are black or blue. They have two buttons, not three. And shoes have wings. It's all pretty silly, but I simply couldn't restrain myself. Plus, the shoes are "airport friendly." For the price I paid, they ought to give me the power of flight...

Although, given the ambition of the typical law student or lawyer, maybe the power of flight wouldn't be such a good idea...