<$BlogRSDURL$>

March 08, 2004

Charity 

Given my good fortune of late, I have decided to give a little something back to the law school community.......I have decided to graciously withdraw from the Moot Court competition...

I just couldn't pump myself up to read a 186-page packet and write a 15-page brief over my Spring Break to try to get selected for a resume notch I have no real interest in participating in. I am hoping to be a law fellow and make a journal, and there simply would not be time for Moot Court, too. (Not to mention the fact that I know Disputation really wants it and I would hate to get in the way)

I discussed the matter with my career advisor and a trusted professor and they tended to agree with my reasoning. Absolute worst case, if law fellow or journal falls through, there is another Moot Court competition in the Fall. In the meantime, I think my time is better spent outlining and studying for my classes. I seem to have caught JCA's outlining bug, and I have to remind myself that all the resume notches in the world won't amount to much if I bomb out this semester.