<$BlogRSDURL$>

February 29, 2004

Red, Blue, & Black-and-White Striped? 

As I sit on my couch, watching the Democratic Presidential Debate, I can't help but wonder: what happened to the political color code?

Unless I'm imagining things, I seem to remember a time when you could spot a Democrat or Republican by the color of her tie. It was straight-forward and consistent. Like the Bloods and the Crips. Red for Republican, Blue for Democrat. Now, it's all bungled...

We've got Edwards and Kucinich sporting red, Kerry keeping it real with blue, and Sharpton flashing some sort of black and white striped thing. To confuse things further, Dubya routinely sports blue. What am I supposed to make of it all?

I am a simple person. I fear change. Bring back the color code! It made things so much simpler. Now, I actually have to listen to these people to determine what they stand for, all the while feeling my stomach churn as they demonstrate their incredible inability to say "yes" or "no" to any question...

In other debate news, Elisabeth Bumiller is not a nice person. Al Sharpton nearly snapped at the lack of attention he received. I feel like I want to pat Kucinich on the head and tell him "it will be alright." And the 36 Million Dollar Man, John Edwards, wears a digital watch. Do we really want our next President to wear a digital watch? At least, it didn't appear to have a calculator...