<$BlogRSDURL$>

February 27, 2004

The Obligatory First Post 

Welcome to Dubitante, the newest law school blog east of the Mississippi. Here's the lowdown on me...

I am halfway through my second semester as a 1L at a fine institution of legal education located in the Nation's Capital; I don't have a summer job; I have not started any of my course outlines; I have two classes in which, each time I attend, I feel like I am lying in a damp corner of a windowless room, curled up in the fetal position, being kicked repeatedly; I have a ton of reading I should be doing. Add it all up and what do you find? Every reason in the world to jump on the Blog Bandwagon. It took awhile, but I finally found another wonderfully efficient time vacuum to keep me from my studies. The O.C. and American Chopper just weren't getting the job done...

So, as is customary in "The Obligatory First Post," let me tell you a little bit about myself. I go to school at Georgetown. I moved to DC from sunny California. I miss California. I am engaged to be married to a wonderful young lady. She is the best thing that's ever happened to me and a pretty good cook, too. I enjoy a good conspiracy theory, as well as a good movie. I cry at movies. I used to read a lot before law school. Now, I still read a lot, but it's not as much fun. My first semester grades were respectable, though it isn't showing in my job hunt. I have no idea what type of law I want to pursue. At times, I have no idea why I went to law school in the first place. Yet, I am very pleased and consistently impressed with my choice of school. I am really lucky to be there.

Thanks for coming, and I hope to see you again. The entries will get more interesting, I promise.